Thursday, December 17, 2009

Get up!

Turkish get ups are a drill of strength and coordination. It strengthens and improves your core (mid-line stabilization), major muscle groups, stabilizer muscles, connective tissues, tendons and ligaments. Not only will the turkish getup build strength, but it also aids in balance, coordination, flexibility and shoulder rotation. Overall, it is a power packed punch to your body. That being said, any guess what today's workout is going to include??? :)

WOD~
5Rounds
5 Turkish Get Ups each arm (35/25#)
10 pull ups
10 push ups

Post time to comments.

8 comments:

  1. Hey Chief Joe,
    How did the Turkish get-ups go this morning?
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turkish Get Ups... Sort of like break dancing with a kettlebell. Lots of fun... How was the PM Crew?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Crew

    Joe ~ 26# 19:28
    Bob ~ 26# 22:25
    Sue ~ 14# 23:03
    Becky ~ 18# 23:35

    ReplyDelete
  4. The PM crew got through the get-ups however it was challenging.Short week next week, will have to work hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tai 19:00 / 35#
    Chief 16:49 / 30#
    Gary 22:28/ 20#
    Mike 28:47 / 26# round 1 then 20# rd 2-5
    Jamey 28:15 / 26#
    Mary Ann 24:25 / 10#
    Dina 24:06 25# rd1 then 20# rd 2-5

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a great workout - most I've sweated in a while and I can feel it today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK... I swear that I saw the number 35 on my kettlebell throughout the workout... I'm certain that it wasn't a 26... Because, I kept my eye on the kettlebell as indicated by proper form... I'm also pretty sure that Bob was looking at at 35 on his kettlebell. Just trying to represent the facts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 26 was the weight. I'd testify in court on the weight and sleep soundly at night with a clear Conscience.

    Brett

    ReplyDelete